Jr. AVEVA E3D/PDMS & LFM Administrator
What Vista Does
Vista Projects is an integrated industrial engineering firm that helps clients navigate the digital transformation of their projects and operations. Our proven project execution process is based on a “single source of truth” model that eliminates the potential for inefficient engineering designs, cost overruns and project completion delays.
Why We Do It
We believe the world needs industrial projects and that intelligent engineering data can increase the likelihood of innovative solutions getting to market. Over the years, we have earned our reputation as a trusted industrial engineering partner, working on some of the most successful facility projects in the Canadian energy sector.
Where We Work
The benefits of our approach apply across several industrial markets, from biofuels and produced water treatment to gas processing and in-situ heavy oil. Our headquarters are in Calgary, Alberta.
What You Would Do in This Role
The Jr AVEVA E3D Applications Specialist is responsible for the development of intelligent tool configuration for the engineering and design team. Duties include:
You will be responsible for the establishment of new system integrations as well as maintenance and support for existing applications. Core responsibilities within the team will include:
- Setup, configuration, and maintenance of AVEVA Everything 3D projects
- Modifications of E3D catalogs
- Task scheduling for generation of NavisWorks files
- Ability to manipulate and configure existing models to meet changing project needs
- Oversight of 3D software upgrades
- Develop macros / routines to increase productivity and efficiencies (PML)
- Database configuration and administration
- Incorporating laser scans into model
- Extraction of data and reports such as the mechanical equipment list, MTOs, valve lists, etc.
- Performing catalog updates via of a project’s AVEVA ERM (catalog & specifications module) for the support of the E3D model
- Maintain, and monitor complex ETL activities
- Preliminary liaising with the IT, Engineering, Design, and Project Management teams to ensure a fit-for-purpose implementation that meets all stakeholders needs
- Trouble-shooting and solving application challenges
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related field (Management Information Systems, Engineering, Design and Drafting, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Above average understanding of MS Excel or database knowledge including experience in the manipulation of large datasets (e.g., pivot tables and filters) and creating corresponding reports
- Passion for learning new skills and adapting to new tools and concepts as needs arise
- Strong organization skills to produce deliverables / configurations at a high level of accuracy
- Leverage expertise to design solutions for current and future projects
- Team player with a positive attitude and always willing to accept new challenges
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Two (2) years to four (4) years of experience
- Experience with applicable toolsets (e.g., AVEVA, Hexagon, CAD)
- Knowledge of industrial engineering workflows, procedures, and deliverables
- Experience in 3D Modelling
- Programming skills with background knowledge in IT and cloud-based environments
Why People Like Working with Us
Working with Vista is a chance to contribute to the type of challenging industrial projects that the world requires. If that doesn’t excite you, this role likely won’t be a fit.
Challenging projects require focus and we enable our people to do their best work with modernized project systems that are based on our leading use of intelligent data-centric execution architecture. Our staff and clients like it because it gives them real-time access to validated data shared across all project departments. This fosters project design and business decisions based on a single, authoritative source of truth and provides increased transparency and collaboration with team members and clients, leading to improved engineering quality and a product we can all take pride in.
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to tackle challenging industrial projects with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in their disciplines.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the interesting industrial engineering projects;
- A robust and consistent recruitment process that ensures your colleagues are likeminded and comparably capable;
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering solutions;
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number;
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program;
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports;
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking;
- An organization that values and encourages diversity;
- Shareholder opportunities are a long-term potential for exceptional employees.
How to Apply