Marketing Manager (SaaS)
Current SCM is a first of its kind – a procurement and materials management software built by procurement professionals for sophisticated procurement teams. It’s a powerful all-in-one solution designed to quickly ramp up and ramp down procurement projects of any size.
Current was developed out of necessity by Vista Projects, a longstanding industrial engineering firm and perennial Great Place to Work. For Current SCM team members, this means you would get the best of both worlds:
- High Growth Potential: to grow your career around the exciting opportunities of a SaaS start-up
- Limited Risk: backed by the perks and stability of an established best employer
Current SCM was built for the long term. After years of carefully planned development, this enterprise-grade multitenant software-as-a-service is ready to begin its commercial journey, with you at the helm!
We look forward to the right candidates joining our growing tight-knit team. Together, we will dive headfirst into challenges to support our teammates and our client base.
Why We Built Current SCM
We believe the world needs industrial projects and that intelligent data management systems can increase the likelihood of innovative solutions getting to market. Having experienced the challenges first-hand, there was clearly a void in the market for project-based, 3rd party procurement and materials management software.
Where We Work
While Current was built for the complexity of largescale industrial projects, the software capabilities will benefit several industries, including:
- Construction and engineering
- Energy and utilities
- ETO and contract manufacturing
What Vista Does
Vista Projects is an integrated industrial engineering firm that helps clients navigate the digital transformation of their projects and operations. Our proven project execution process is based on a “single source of truth” model that eliminates the potential for inefficient engineering designs, cost overruns, and project completion delays.
Why People Like Working with Us
Working with Vista is a chance to contribute to the type of challenging industrial projects that the world requires. If that doesn’t excite you, this role likely won’t be a fit.
Challenging projects require focus and we enable our people to do their best work with modernized project systems that are based on our leading use of intelligent data-centric execution architecture. Our staff and clients like it because it gives them real-time access to validated data shared across all project departments. This fosters project design and business decisions based on a single, authoritative source of truth and provides increased transparency and collaboration with team members and clients, leading to improved engineering quality and a product we can all take pride in.
This is a remote position (Canada only) with an option to work from our beautiful office in Calgary, Alberta.
What You Would Do in This Role
As the Marketing Manager, you will oversee all marketing activities for Current SCM. The ideal candidate will be a digital marketing expert with a wide-ranging set of technical and non-technical skills.
You will know how to manage a variety of tasks on your own. You will also know when it makes sense to outsource discrete tasks or initiatives and manage vendors.
There will be no shortage of opportunities to learn and contribute throughout the marketing stack. The Marketing Manager will support the following operations:
- Digital marketing strategy
- Brand strategy
- SEO and website management
- Digital advertising campaigns
- Corporate writing, editing copywriting
- Content marketing
- Blog writing
- Sales support
- Graphic design
- Digital video production
- Social media management
- Event management
We are looking for someone who is passionate about all aspects of branding, marketing, advertising, and communications. This is not a work-within-your-job-description position. New ideas are needed and encouraged.
In this role, you will regularly face new challenges, work on several projects at once, and continue to grow your impressive marketing skills. You will also need to be comfortable sharing your opinion, having people kick it to the curb, and using the experience as motivation.
Taking a customer-service approach to your work, you will put in the effort to exceed expectations and keep a smile on your face the entire time. As someone who loves what you do, you know that strong marketing requires constant testing and refinement, and you take pride in seeing your ideas put into action.
- A love for working hard at what you do
- Friendly attitude and open-mindedness
- Quick learner
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- The ability to get stuff done with limited supervision
- Previous experience marketing B2B SaaS products
- Degree or diploma in digital marketing, marketing or a related field
- Relevant experience working with digital marketing software
- Relevant experience in a corporate marketing team is considered an asset
- Strong understanding of digital marketing trends, SEO, and social media
- Excellent written communication skills, copywriting skills and exceptional interpersonal skills - this is a highly visible role within the company and involves interacting with many stakeholders
- Strong project and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) is an asset
- Working knowledge of WordPress is an asset