AVEVA Configuration Specialist
What Vista Does
Vista Projects is an integrated industrial engineering firm that helps clients navigate the digital transformation of their projects and operations. Our proven project execution process is based on a “single source of truth” model that eliminates the potential for inefficient engineering designs, cost overruns and project completion delays
Why We Do It
We believe the world needs industrial projects and that intelligent engineering data can increase the likelihood of innovative solutions getting to market. Over the years, we have earned our reputation as a trusted industrial engineering partner, working on some of the most successful facility projects in the Canadian energy sector.
Where We Work
The benefits of our approach apply across several industrial markets, from biofuels and produced water treatment to gas processing and in-situ heavy oil. Our headquarters are in Calgary, Alberta.
What You Would Do in This Role
The AVEVA Configuration Specialist is part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the development of digital twins and EPC 4.0 Intelligent design systems using new and existing technologies. The role includes the development of multiple engineering and design tools for the engineering and design team. Duties include:
- AVEVA Engineering tool configuration; including conceptual model management, database view configuration, datasheet configuration, 2D drawing configuration
- Front line support of all design tools, including troubleshooting and engaging team members and tool experts as required
- Liaise with Engineering, Design, Project Management and IT teams to ensure a fit-for-purpose implementation of Design Software tools that meets the needs of all stakeholders.
- AVEVA User Creation and management
- AVEVA Integration Services (AIS) configuration and management
- Performing other duties as required
- Engineering Technologist or Engineering Degree
- Excellent understanding of MS Excel, data management or database knowledge including experience in the manipulation of large datasets (e.g., pivot tables and filters) and creating corresponding reports
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for learning new technical skills and open to learning emerging software and related technologies as needs arise
- Strong organization skills to produce deliverables / configurations at a high level of accuracy
- Leverage expertise to design solutions for current and future projects
- Team player with a positive attitude and always willing to accept new challenges
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with modelling and design software (e.g., AVEVA Engineering, E3D, PDMS, Hexagon Smart3D, Smart P&ID, AutoPlant, AutoCAD, Microstation, etc)
- Experience in a petrochemical / Oil & Gas engineering environment
- Knowledge of industrial engineering workflows, procedures, and deliverables
- Basic knowledge of standard engineering deliverables such as P&IDs, SLD’s, MTO’s, etc
- Basic Automation skills in tools such as .NET, LISP, batch files, etc
Why People Like Working with Us
Working with Vista is a chance to learn and grow while contributing to the type of challenging industrial projects that the world requires. If that doesn’t excite you, this role likely won’t be a fit. Challenging projects require focus and we enable our people to do their best work with modernized project systems that are based on our leading use of intelligent data-centric execution architecture. Our staff and clients like it because it gives them real-time access to validated data shared across all project departments. This fosters project design and business decisions based on a single, authoritative source of truth and provides increased transparency and collaboration with team members and clients, leading to improved engineering quality and a product we can all take pride in.
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to tackle challenging industrial projects with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in their disciplines.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the interesting industrial engineering projects;
- A robust and consistent recruitment process that ensures your colleagues are likeminded and comparably capable;
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering solutions;
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number;
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program;
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports;
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking;
- An organization that values and encourages diversity;
- Shareholder opportunities are a long-term potential for exceptional employees.
How to Apply