Quality Assurance Lead
What Vista Does
Vista Projects is an integrated industrial engineering firm that helps clients navigate the digital transformation of their projects and operations. Our proven project execution process is based on a “single source of truth” model that eliminates the potential for inefficient engineering designs, cost overruns and project completion delays.
Why We Do It
We believe the world needs industrial projects and that intelligent engineering data can increase the likelihood of innovative solutions getting to market. Over the years, our multi-discipline teams have conceptualized and designed some of the most challenging and successful industrial processing projects in the North American energy sector. Vista has established itself as a trusted industrial engineering partner for all types of projects, from conceptual studies and pilots to large-scale commercial expansions.
Where We Work
The benefits of our approach apply to new asset developments and brownfield optimization projects across several industrial markets. This includes biofuels and produced water treatment to natural gas and petrochemical processing. While we are headquartered in Calgary and maintain a satellite office in Houston, most staff elect to telecommute.
What You Would Do in This Role
The Quality Assurance Lead provides quality assurance support and direction to projects and multi-disciplinary teams. Duties include:
- Maintaining the quality management system (QMS)
- Managing the distribution of QMS documentation
- Leading and coordinating QMS audits
- Creating the audit program for project audits (audit plan, schedule, checklist, reports, etc.)
- Ensuring systems and procedures are implemented in compliance with the requirements of the QMS
- Monitoring and tracking project deficiencies
- Maintaining the action request database and facilitating the closeout of action requests
- Reviewing project deliverables to verify that they meet client requirements
- Reporting quality KPIs to the management team
- Supporting the discipline leads in the creation and issuance of department QMS documentation
- Periodically reviewing departmental process, procedures and standards, identifying areas of improvement, deficiencies and taking the necessary corrective action to maintain quality
- Planning, scheduling and managing responsibilities, objectives and project milestones for the team
- Managing the team’s performance, including mentoring and coaching direct reports
- Providing input to, and participating in, Human Resources activities, including recruitment, terminations and discipline
- Performing other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Certified ISO 9001 quality auditor
- Seven or more years of experience in quality assurance capacity and three years of supervisory experience
- Experience working with ISO 9001
- Familiarity with maintaining a QMS
- Previous internal auditing experience
- Strong coordination skills and proven ability to provide leadership within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Post-secondary education in a technical field
- Five years’ experience in a quality assurance or internal audit capacity
Why People Like Working with Us
Working with Vista is a chance to contribute to the type of challenging municipal and industrial projects that the world requires. If that doesn’t excite you, this role likely won’t be a fit.
Challenging projects require focus and we enable our people to do their best work with modernized project systems that are based on our leading use of intelligent data-centric execution architecture. Our staff and clients like that it gives them real-time access to validated data shared across all project departments. This fosters project design and business decisions based on a single, authoritative source of truth and provides increased transparency and collaboration with team members and clients, leading to improved engineering quality and a product we can all take pride in.
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to tackle challenging projects with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in their disciplines.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the interesting municipal and industrial engineering projects
- A robust and consistent recruitment process that ensures your colleagues are likeminded and comparably capable
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering solutions
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking
- An organization that values and encourages diversity
How to Apply