Project Coordinator/Engineer (offline)
What Vista Does
Vista Projects is an integrated industrial engineering firm that helps clients navigate the digital transformation of their projects and operations. Our proven project execution process is based on a “single source of truth” model that eliminates the potential for inefficient engineering designs, cost overruns and project completion delays.
Why We Do It
We believe the world needs industrial projects and that intelligent engineering data can increase the likelihood of innovative solutions getting to market. Over the years, our multi-discipline teams have conceptualized and designed some of the most challenging and successful industrial processing projects in the North American energy sector. Vista has established itself as a trusted industrial engineering partner for all types of projects, from conceptual studies and pilots to large-scale commercial expansions.
Where We Work
The benefits of our approach apply to new asset developments and brownfield optimization projects across several industrial markets. This includes biofuels and produced water treatment to natural gas and petrochemical processing. While we are headquartered in Calgary and maintain a satellite office in Houston, most staff elect to telecommute.
What You Would Do in This Role
The project engineer (PE) is responsible for managing the overall engineering deliverables for an assigned project, including budgeting and scheduling. Project management activities include estimation, planning/scheduling, progress reporting, and coordination with various disciplines. The PE must understand the overall direction, priority and schedules to execute the project and work with various discipline leads to deliver successful solutions to the client. Duties will include:
- Preparing project plans, including the project execution plans (PEP) and design basis memorandums (DBM)
- Managing project budgets
- Managing manpower schedules for engineering deliverables
- Ensuring the quality of drawings, models and other design reviews
- Overseeing construction work packages (CWPs), including bills of materials, isometrics, scope, layout, instrumentation lists and specialty items lists
- Producing scopes of work for civil, piping, skids and pipe rack modules among others
- Coordinating CWPs, trends, scope changes, design change notices (DCN) and field change notice (FCN)
- Managing all action items to ensure they are completed on schedule
- Overseeing the change management process and ensuring its effective implementation
- Contributing to and monitoring project KPIs, earned value and controls reporting
- Performing other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Eight (8) years of progressive experience in engineering and design
- Knowledge of engineering terms, design requirements, processes and document types
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team including process, mechanical, civil-structural, electrical, instrumentation and CAD support
- Understanding of project controls, reporting and KPIs
- Strategic managerial skills and experience
- Ability to meet safety requirements to attend site visits
- PMP certification
- Experience managing several mid to major/large-capital heavy oil (SAGD/CSS) projects throughout the full lifecycle
- P.Eng. registration with APEGA
- Engineering or applied science degree
Why People Like Working with Us
Working with Vista is a chance to contribute to the type of challenging municipal and industrial projects that the world requires. If that doesn’t excite you, this role likely won’t be a fit.
Challenging projects require focus and we enable our people to do their best work with modernized project systems that are based on our leading use of intelligent data-centric execution architecture. Our staff and clients like that it gives them real-time access to validated data shared across all project departments. This fosters project design and business decisions based on a single, authoritative source of truth and provides increased transparency and collaboration with team members and clients, leading to improved engineering quality and a product we can all take pride in.
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to tackle challenging projects with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in their disciplines.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the interesting municipal and industrial engineering projects
- A robust and consistent recruitment process that ensures your colleagues are likeminded and comparably capable
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering solutions
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking
- An organization that values and encourages diversity
How to Apply
Note: As part of the interview process there will be a technical testing component that will take up to two hours and can be completed at home on your own timeline. Candidates may be required to complete a security clearance procedure prior to receiving an offer.