AutoPLANT Application Administrator
What Vista Does
Vista Projects is an integrated industrial engineering firm that helps clients navigate the digital transformation of their projects and operations. Our proven project execution process is based on a “single source of truth” model that eliminates the potential for inefficient engineering designs, cost overruns and project completion delays
Why We Do It
We believe the world needs industrial projects and that intelligent engineering data can increase the likelihood of innovative solutions getting to market. Over the years, we have earned our reputation as a trusted industrial engineering partner, working on some of the most successful facility projects in the Canadian energy sector.
Where We Work
The benefits of our approach apply across several industrial markets, from biofuels and produced water treatment to gas processing and in-situ heavy oil. Our headquarters are in Calgary, Alberta.
What You Would Do in This Role
The AutoPLANT Application Services Specialist is responsible for supporting a variety of design software used throughout the organization.
- Bentley AutoPLANT XM Piping
- Bentley AutoPLANT XM Equipment
- NavisWorks for Review, Clash & Interference Detection
- AutoCAD and others
The Individual will be responsible for:
- Providing 1st tier service and training to piping designers for AutoPLANT, AutoCAD, Isogen and NavisWorks
- Trouble shoot situations regarding the above software (with senior specialist assistance where required)
- Generation of Cad Job Notes and training material
- At least five (5) years of progressive experience in facilities engineering and design in the oil and gas industry
- Technical school certification / degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team including process, mechanical, civilstructural, electrical, instrumentation, and piping
- Advanced computer skills and experience in major drafting and design software (such as Auto CAD, CADWorx, SmartPlant, AutoPLANT and PDMS)
- Basic understanding of applicable government regulations and regulatory codes
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) and proven ability to collaborate with team members in a multi-discipline environment
- Strong organizational skills, technical competence and attention to detail
- Ten (10) plus years of experience in a designer capacity, ideally with a focus in thermal heavy oil
Why People Like Working with Us
Working with Vista is a chance to learn and grow while contributing to the type of challenging industrial projects that the world requires. If that doesn’t excite you, this role likely won’t be a fit. Challenging projects require focus and we enable our people to do their best work with modernized project systems that are based on our leading use of intelligent data-centric execution architecture. Our staff and clients like it because it gives them real-time access to validated data shared across all project departments. This fosters project design and business decisions based on a single, authoritative source of truth and provides increased transparency and collaboration with team members and clients, leading to improved engineering quality and a product we can all take pride in.
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to tackle challenging industrial projects with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in their disciplines.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the interesting industrial engineering projects;
- A robust and consistent recruitment process that ensures your colleagues are likeminded and comparably capable;
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering solutions;
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number;
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program;
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports;
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking;
- An organization that values and encourages diversity;
- Shareholder opportunities are a long-term potential for exceptional employees.
How to Apply