Sales Development Representative (SDR/BDR)
- Calgary, AB, Canada
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Current SCM is a first of its kind – a procurement and materials management software built by procurement professionals for sophisticated procurement teams. It’s a powerful all-in-one solution designed to quickly ramp up and ramp down procurement projects of any size. Current was developed out of necessity by Vista Projects, a longstanding industrial engineering firm and perennial Great Place to Work. For Current SCM team members, this means you would get the best of both worlds:
- High Growth Potential: to grow your career around the exciting opportunities of a SaaS start-up
- Limited Risk: backed by the perks and stability of an established best employer
Current SCM was built for the long term. After years of carefully planned development, this enterprise-grade multitenant software-as-a-service is ready to begin its commercial journey, with you at the helm! We look forward to the right candidates joining our growing tight-knit team. Together, we will dive headfirst into challenges to support our teammates and our client base.
Why We Built Current SCM
We believe the world needs industrial projects and that intelligent data management systems can increase the likelihood of innovative solutions getting to market. Having experienced the challenges first-hand, there was clearly a void in the market for project-based, 3rd party procurement and materials management software.
Where We Work
While Current was built for the complexity of largescale industrial projects, the software capabilities will benefit several industries, including:
- Construction and engineering
- Energy and utilities
- ETO and contract manufacturing
This is a remote position with an option to work from headquarters in Calgary, Alberta. The Sales Executive is expected to travel to Calgary for quarterly team meetings.
What You Would Do
Here’s the thing, we have ambitious sales objectives and a competitive compensation structure. Join our growing sales team leading Current SCM to market, the day-to-day tactics that get us there are up to you. Here are the main duties and competencies that we envision:
- Identifying, initiating, qualifying opportunities
- Booking qualified meetings and demos for Sales Executives.
- Meeting sales activity targets including contacts, meetings booked, demos booked.
- Effectively managing a range of opportunities, the associated reporting and account planning to support the achievement of sales objectives
- Demonstrating our solution to key client stakeholders ranging from managers to executives
- Collaborating with Marketing, Customer Success, Business Development and Product teams
- Working closely with Marketing team to define and refine sales automation processes.
- Working closely with Sales Executives to assist in closing opportunities
- Tracking sales activities in CRM
- Supporting management in defining and refining sales processes and procedures
- Supporting ad-hoc strategic initiatives
- Performing other duties as requested
- Tech-savviness and willingness to embrace change in a rapidly evolving business
- Ability to work autonomously
- Previous B2B sales experience.
- Demonstrated experience in solution selling
- Record of consistently hitting and exceeding quotas
- Ability to work closely with clients to gain a deep understanding of their business challenges
- Post-secondary education (BBA or BCom preferable)
- Strong presentation skills to design and deliver effective online presentations
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work in a 100% remote environment
- Ability to travel to Calgary, AB, Canada a few times a year for company events
- Experience in early-stage commercialization of startup companies
- Previous experience selling SaaS
- Previous experience working with Hubspot, Apollo.io
What We Offer
We believe in compensating our team generously and rewarding exceptional performance. This role has a generous base salary along with uncapped commissions and defined bonus potential.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the interesting municipal and industrial engineering projects
- A robust and consistent recruitment process that ensures your colleagues are likeminded and comparably capable
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports
- An organization that values and encourages diversity
How to Apply