System Integration Project Manager
What Vista Does
Vista Projects is an integrated industrial engineering firm that helps clients navigate the digital transformation of their projects and operations. Our proven project execution process is based on a “single source of truth” model that eliminates the potential for inefficient engineering designs, cost overruns and project completion delays.
Why We Do It
We believe the world needs industrial projects and that intelligent engineering data can increase the likelihood of innovative solutions getting to market. Over the years, our multi-discipline teams have conceptualized and designed some of the most challenging and successful industrial processing projects in the North American energy sector. Vista has established itself as a trusted industrial engineering partner for all types of projects, from conceptual studies and pilots to large-scale commercial expansions.
Where We Work
The benefits of our approach apply to new asset developments and brownfield optimization projects across several industrial markets. This includes biofuels and produced water treatment to natural gas and petrochemical processing. We are headquartered in Calgary and maintain a satellite office in Houston.
What You Would Do in This Role
The System Integration Project Coordinator’s (SIPC) primary role is to enhance the team’s effectiveness by coordinating technical, administrative, and financial details for the projects to enable the project execution team to focus on exceptional service and technical excellence. Activities may include estimation, planning/scheduling, change management, identification and mitigation of risks, progress reporting, and coordination with other disciplines outside the SI department. The SIPC must understand the overall direction, priority and schedules to execute the project. Duties include:
- Maintaining action item lists from project meetings
- Following up on action items with responsible parties
- Identifying and facilitating the removal of roadblocks encountered by the technical team
- Coordinating management of change activities (scope changes, trends, DCNs)
- Executing tasks of a technical nature to support the initiatives of the team
- Coordinating and maintaining risk registers
- Participating in schedule review meetings
- Reviewing and preparing status reports
- Supporting the preparation of scopes of work, project estimates, and interfaces (e.g., DBM, PEP, RACI chart, reports)
- Supporting business development for the SI group
- Performing business analytics to support the development of digital twins
- Providing general support for all project activities
- Liaising with SI Manager to outline project specific resourcing
- Performing other duties as requested
- Post secondary education in engineering, design, or project management
- Ability to meet safety requirements to attend site visits across North America
- Advanced Microsoft Office software skills
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and verbal)
- Proactive in anticipating the needs of internal and external clients
- Self-starter displaying independence and self-direction
- Able to quickly develop rapport with staff and clients
- Detail orientation and good organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team comprised of engineers, designers, and project support personnel
- 5 years of demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- 10 years’ related experience in engineering and design with a knowledge of engineering documentation required through project lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or applied science with project execution experience including design, engineering, and supply chain management
- Experience with development or project management of Digital Twins for project execution and/or operations and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of engineering terms and document types
- Proven understanding of how to read and interpret a basic engineering documentation
- Understanding of IT and cloud based infrastructure
- Experience with AVEVA Tools (e.g., Engineering, Instrumentation, Electrical, E3D, AIM, ERM, etc.)
Why People Like Working with Us
Working with Vista is a chance to contribute to the type of challenging municipal and industrial projects that the world requires. If that doesn’t excite you, this role likely won’t be a fit.
Challenging projects require focus and we enable our people to do their best work with modernized project systems that are based on our leading use of intelligent data-centric execution architecture. Our staff and clients like that it gives them real-time access to validated data shared across all project departments. This fosters project design and business decisions based on a single, authoritative source of truth and provides increased transparency and collaboration with team members and clients, leading to improved engineering quality and a product we can all take pride in.
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to tackle challenging projects with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in their disciplines.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the interesting municipal and industrial engineering projects
- A robust and consistent recruitment process that ensures your colleagues are likeminded and comparably capable
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering solutions
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking
- An organization that values and encourages diversity
How to Apply
- Note: As part of the interview process there will be a technical testing component that will take up to two hours and can be completed at home on your own timeline. Candidates may be required to complete a security clearance procedure prior to receiving an offer.