Project Controls Analyst
What Vista Does
Vista Projects is an integrated industrial engineering firm that helps clients navigate the digital transformation of their projects and operations. Our proven project execution process is based on a “single source of truth” model that eliminates the potential for inefficient engineering designs, cost overruns and project completion delays.
Why We Do It
We believe the world needs industrial projects and that intelligent engineering data can increase the likelihood of innovative solutions getting to market. Over the years, our multi-discipline teams have conceptualized and designed some of the most challenging and successful industrial processing projects in the North American energy sector. Vista has established itself as a trusted industrial engineering partner for all types of projects, from conceptual studies and pilots to large-scale commercial expansions.
Where We Work
The benefits of our approach apply to new asset developments and brownfield optimization projects across several industrial markets. This includes biofuels and produced water treatment to natural gas and petrochemical processing. We are headquartered in Calgary and maintain a satellite office in Houston, most staff elect to telecommute.
What You Would Do in This Role
Project controls analysts maintain financial data, support the planners and schedulers, and provide checks and balances throughout the life of the project. Duties will include:
- Preparing EP cost reporting
- Cash flow development and reporting
- Monitoring commitments, incurred and actual costs
- Performing cost variance analysis
- Earned value management reporting
- Supporting estimate and budget development
- Performing ad-hoc project analysis and support
- Managing databases and generating reports
- Performing other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (commerce, engineering, or similar)
- Five (5) years of financial analysis experience
- Understanding of project cost control fundamentals with analytical skills and experience in financial analysis, modeling and budgeting methodologies
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data
- Ability to meet safety requirements to attend site visits
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Quality focused with acute attention to detail
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Graduate degree in a related field (commerce, engineering, or similar)
- Concentration in finance and accounting disciplines
- Recognized designation (CMA, MBA, CFA, etc.)
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 software
Why People Like Working with Us
Working with Vista is a chance to contribute to the type of challenging municipal and industrial projects that the world requires. If that doesn’t excite you, this role likely won’t be a fit.
Challenging projects require focus and we enable our people to do their best work with modernized project systems that are based on our leading use of intelligent data-centric execution architecture. Our staff and clients like that it gives them real-time access to validated data shared across all project departments. This fosters project design and business decisions based on a single, authoritative source of truth and provides increased transparency and collaboration with team members and clients, leading to improved engineering quality and a product we can all take pride in.
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to tackle challenging projects with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in their disciplines.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the interesting municipal and industrial engineering projects
- A robust and consistent recruitment process that ensures your colleagues are likeminded and comparably capable
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering solutions
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking
- An organization that values and encourages diversity
How to Apply
Note: As part of the interview process there will be a technical testing component that will take up to two hours and can be completed at home on your own timeline. Candidates may be required to complete a security clearance procedure prior to receiving an offer.