Supplier Quality Specialist
What Vista Does
Vista Projects is an integrated industrial engineering firm that helps clients navigate the digital transformation of their projects and operations. Our proven project execution process is based on a “single source of truth” model that eliminates the potential for inefficient engineering designs, cost overruns and project completion delays
Why We Do It
We believe the world needs industrial projects and that intelligent engineering data can increase the likelihood of innovative solutions getting to market. Over the years, we have earned our reputation as a trusted industrial engineering partner, working on some of the most successful facility projects in the Canadian energy sector.
Where We Work
The benefits of our approach apply across several industrial markets, from biofuels and produced water treatment to gas processing and in-situ heavy oil. Our headquarters are in Calgary, Alberta.
What You Would Do in This Role
The role of the supplier quality specialist (SQS) is to implement the Vista supplier quality control (SQC) program for all Vista-purchased equipment and material for projects. The SQC is the focal point for SQS activities during the procurement phase of the project and provides supplier quality guidance to the project management team. The SQS provides support and oversight of the performance of suppliers and third-party inspection (TPI) agencies in the implementation of Vista’s SQC program. Duties will include:
- Interacting with project teams, suppliers, subcontractors and TPI agencies on a daily basis as required, providing support in the clarification of specifications, standard details and regulatory matters
- Reviewing and marking up project documents (MRs, RFPs) and supplier quality submittals ensuring that technical requirements are adequately addressed
- Coordinating and monitoring TPI agencies in accordance with the project’s approved technical document package
- Preparing and issuing inspection assignment instructions as required for each assigned PO
- Liaising with nominated inspection bodies and ensure that appropriately qualified inspectors are assigned in a timely manner for surveillance activities
- Interacting and communicating with TPIs as required
- Ensuring that the TPI is working only with approved documents
- Reviewing the resumes of proposed TPIs to confirm qualifications
- Attending project procurement meetings and kick-off meetings as required
- Coordinating and chairing prefabrication meetings
- Providing support and follow-up on the timely closure of supplier NCRs
- Reviewing and verifying that all activities on the ITP have been completed and signed off
- Ensuring proper follow-up on all areas of concern with the responsible party
- Reviewing, approving and distributing inspection reports submitted by TPI
- Review TPI agency invoices to ensure correct hours charged
- Reporting on key performance indicators resulting from shop surveillance activities
- Managing the flow of SQC records during the implementation of TPI inspection assignment packages and to project closeout
- Providing input into the development of procedures, processes and forms required for the implementation of Vista’s SQC program
- Managing and maintaining organized SQC-related files and records to ensure they form part of the project closeout files
- Ensuring the electronic database of all quality inspections and related activities is up to date (weekly updates)
- Entering supplier performance data into the SQC supplier database
- Assisting the quality assurance lead with departmental tasks (e.g., developing specific SQC procedures)
- Performing other duties as requested
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two - Five (2-5) years of experience in quality control capacity
- Ability to meet safety requirements to attend site visits
- Manufacturing/shop fabrication experience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, with a strong work ethic
- Strong knowledge of regulatory and design code requirements including ASME Section V111, ASME B31.1 & B31.3, ABSA, CSA B51, API, CWB
- Solid time-management skills
- Dependability and reliability
- CWB, AWS or CWSIP level 1 or Level 2.
- Bachelor’s degree or engineering technologist certification with a professional quality or auditing designation
Why People Like Working with Us
Working with Vista is a chance to learn and grow while contributing to the type of challenging industrial projects that the world requires. If that doesn’t excite you, this role likely won’t be a fit.
Challenging projects require focus and we enable our people to do their best work with modernized project systems that are based on our leading use of intelligent data-centric execution architecture. Our staff and clients like it because it gives them real-time access to validated data shared across all project departments. This fosters project design and business decisions based on a single, authoritative source of truth and provides increased transparency and collaboration with team members and clients, leading to improved engineering quality and a product we can all take pride in.
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to tackle challenging industrial projects with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in their disciplines.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the interesting industrial engineering projects;
- A robust and consistent recruitment process that ensures your colleagues are likeminded and comparably capable;
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering solutions;
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number;
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program;
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports;
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking;
- An organization that values and encourages diversity;
- Shareholder opportunities are a long-term potential for exceptional employees.
How to Apply
Note: As part of the hiring process there will be a technical testing component that will take up to two hours and can be completed at home on your own timelines. Candidates may be required to complete a security clearance procedure prior to receiving an offer.