What Vista Does
Vista Projects is an integrated industrial engineering firm that helps clients navigate the digital transformation of their projects and operations. Our proven project execution process is based on a “single source of truth” model that eliminates the potential for inefficient engineering designs, cost overruns and project completion delays.
Why We Do It
We believe the world needs industrial projects and that intelligent engineering data can increase the likelihood of innovative solutions getting to market. Over the years, our multi-discipline teams have conceptualized and designed some of the most challenging and successful industrial processing projects in the North American energy sector. Vista has established itself as a trusted industrial engineering partner for all types of projects, from conceptual studies and pilots to large-scale commercial expansions.
Where We Work
The benefits of our approach apply to new asset developments and brownfield optimization projects across several industrial markets. This includes biofuels and produced water treatment to natural gas and petrochemical processing. We are headquartered in Calgary and maintain a satellite office in Houston.
What You Would Do in This Role
The Planner works closely with other groups, leaders and project managers to support effective and proactive control of project plans and schedules. This position requires a strong commitment to excellence in the development and support for cost control and project management systems, processes, resources and tools. Duties include:
- Preparing (or assisting the preparation of) Level 1 to Level 3 EPC schedules in a sustaining capital project environment with particular emphasis on critical path leading from engineering to procurement to construction
- Leading and participating in interactive planning sessions, and holding meetings with project managers, estimators and engineers to review and adjust preliminary schedules for initial distribution
- Coordinating the overall planning and scheduling activities on projects
- Interfacing with engineering disciplines, project management and clients (if required) to ensure accurate engineering and procurement data is reflected in the schedules
- Monitoring, reviewing, analyzing and reporting on the schedule status during all project phases
- Performing manpower resource loading for assigned schedules and preparing histograms and other charts, as required
- Managing project schedules, analyzing schedule variations and evaluating project trends and schedule forecasts
- Analyzing risks to project schedules
- Assisting in the preparation of schedule data for proposals or contracts
- Assuming responsibility for the preparation, quality and accuracy of project and proposal schedules
- Performing in-depth what-if scenario analysis
- Performing variance analysis
- Performing logic analysis of schedules
- Coaching and mentoring for other planners and schedulers on the team
- Performing other duties as requested
- A recognized engineering or business degree, technical school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of EPCM planning and project reporting
- Knowledge of procurement, contracts and construction management
- Expert in Primavera P6 software
- Strong MS Excel skills for analysis and reporting
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong oral and written communication and influencing skills
- Quality-focused with strong attention to detail while being able to maintain a ‘whole project’ perspective
- Ability to meet safety requirements to attend site visits
- Ten years or more of planning and scheduling experience in engineering, procurement, construction environment
- Field and construction planning experience
Why People Like Working with Us
Working with Vista is a chance to contribute to the type of challenging municipal and industrial projects that the world requires. If that doesn’t excite you, this role likely won’t be a fit.
Challenging projects require focus and we enable our people to do their best work with modernized project systems that are based on our leading use of intelligent data-centric execution architecture. Our staff and clients like that it gives them real-time access to validated data shared across all project departments. This fosters project design and business decisions based on a single, authoritative source of truth and provides increased transparency and collaboration with team members and clients, leading to improved engineering quality and a product we can all take pride in.
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to tackle challenging projects with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in their disciplines.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the interesting municipal and industrial engineering projects
- A robust and consistent recruitment process that ensures your colleagues are likeminded and comparably capable
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering solutions
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking
- An organization that values and encourages diversity
How to Apply
- Note: As part of the interview process there will be a technical testing component that will take up to two hours and can be completed at home on your own timeline. Candidates may be required to complete a security clearance procedure prior to receiving an offer.